Friday, November 11, 2011

From the Hammock - Day 3 on Isla

Good morning campers! It's an overcast and windy day on Isla today. We have been living a bit of the high life since we've been here but it's now time to tighten the purse strings a bit and get some groceries in so we are going to venture out to the supermarket. I love visiting supermarkets in different countries. It can be a real adventure. La Joya has a really nice kitchen. I think Mr. Granny Pants will enjoy cooking for me there.










Yesterday we headed out down the road to have dinner at a restaurant we had passed the night before. It was closed so we kept on walking.Now keep in mind that when Mr. Granny Pants is hungry he gets extremely cranky so the walking included a lot of grumbling. Finally we came to a small, worn sign - Maria's Tik Nik, with an arrow pointing down a dark gravel road. "Let's go," I said to Mr. Granny Pants. "I'm not going down there," he told me.  With soothing words, I encouraged him to embrace his inner adventurer, telling him "you never know, there could be a real treasure down there." Oh what a treasure it was! We followed a long path into an open-air restaurant. We were the only ones there. A waiter appeared out of nowhere and seated us in front of the infinity pool which was in front of the ocean. The twinking lights of Cancun before us and the sounds of soft jazz surrounding us, Mr. Granny Pants found his Nirvana and when Mr. Granny Pants is happy I am happy. I didn't have my camera with me so you will just have to take my word for it - this place was stunning. They also have a small beach club there and the waiter assured Mr. Granny Pants that jazz music plays during the day as well. Mr. Granny Pants loves jazz.

 Now I am going to leave you with a few more pictures from yesterday. These were taken around town and by the docks where the fishermen come with their daily catch to clean it.

1 comment: