Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Z Papaya Chronicles - Familia - January 17-26


The last of the family flew off into the sunset yesterday and I was surprised I was feeling so melancholy. Its so quiet here! We had some lovely evenings with great tequila fuelled conversations in the little courtyard in front of our Z homes and I do believe we solved many world issues.  Tequila is good for that. While my sister ran around like a pollo with its head cut off tending to her brood I was crazy busy making sure mine were all happy and fed. Sometimes we combined our brood and broke bread together and other times we hung out separately. Most day trips included almost all of us though a couple of family members came down with a cold so just spent time taking it easy. I can honestly claim we are solely responsible for the boost in Zihua's economy this past week. We shopped, ate out, tootled around in taxis, busses, paseros and any other mode of transportation available. We visited Las Gatas, Barra de Potossi, La Ropa, Madera, Playa Principal, the zocola and rocking at Rossy's one evening. The day we went to Barra de Potosi the waves were unusually big. My daughter got tossed around and had a slight back injury so be careful when playing in the waves. While my daughter and her partner hunkered down at night in Hotel Irma (which they absolutely fell in love with),our teenage granddaughters opted to stay down at the apartment with us. They are amazing young women and even though I was expecting, and prepared for, some teenage angst it was non existent. We had mosquito nets put over their beds (Hanibal and family were so accomodating and helpful!) and they loved their little nooks and I loved that they want to spend time with us.

I think it is safe to say Zihuatanejo has won the hearts of my family, just as it has Jim and I and they are already talking of returning. As my daughter put it "this is my paradise."

My beautiful family




Waiting for the Pasero, Barra de Potosi
Getting some refreshing shaved ice with syrup
Crazy Waves! Barra de Potosi





































































My nephew and my great nephew on water taxi



























Heading to the pier to catch the water taxi to las gatas

las gatas
Family! (minus Mr. Granny Pants, photographer and Jacqueline who was sick)
Lost in thought on Playa la Ropa
Siesta
Jim (aka Mr. Granny Pants) and Sebastian
Sebastian napping in the hammock, Barra de Potosi
































































































































2 comments: