Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Love My Sistah Roadtrip - Honkin' Down the I-95

Honkin'  with the Truckers on the I-95

Amazingly the 9 hour drive went by in a flash. Thanks to an ipod docking station my sister and I now know pretty much all the words to Justin Bieber's "Baby", Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory" and LMAFO' "I'm sexy and I know it." We also finally figured out why all the truckers were honking at us.  Seems the girls were giving them a signal to honk their horns along the I-95 and most were more than happy to oblige.




















Travel Tip #1

Embrace the Bieb! Having the girls sing along and dance to music is far more preferable than listening to bickering and fighting.


Norwalk, Connecticut


We spent a lovely, peaceful time in Norwalk, Connecticut, the town of a million vet clinics, dog parks, puppy spas. The sun was shining and the birds were chirping. An, idylic little community.

We visited Jacqueline's vet clinic and met an eagle that Jacqueline had done surgery on for a broken wing. Afterwards Jacqueline showed us the x-rays.of the eagle. Unfortuantely our visit was cut short because a "hit by car" was coming in so Jacqueline had to get prepped for the dog. After trying to get into the beach area and being told it would cost us $20.00 by a very grumpy man guarding the gated beach we went to turn around and leave but a workman's backhoe was blocking the turnaround. We had to drive into the beach area to find a place to turn around and were yelled at and chased by the guy. My sister, Claudia and I found this hilarious but Caillie was a little afraid we would be arrested and hauled off to jail but she finally came around  and found the humor in this scene.
Hanging out with Jacqueline and their place in Norwalk

Jacqueline showing the girls the x-ray of the eagle

Take these broken wings and fly












No comments:

Post a Comment